Whether you’re a company or an individual inventor, it’s important to work with a firm that helps you not only patent your invention, but also secure your strategic business rights. Our attorneys will help you to obtain patents that reflect the technical details of your invention as well as your business plan.
Focusing on the unique aspects of your invention and your business goals, we will help you transform your ideas into a valuable product. Mintz Levin represents clients in all technical areas throughout the globe, helping them obtain and enforce the best patent protection available in each country. Our reach is virtually boundless, both in where our clients are located and where we can obtain and enforce patent rights.
- One point of contact for global patent procurement
- National and international practice with offices in the US, UK, and a liaison office in Israel
- Team consists of attorneys, patent agents, and other professionals, including former patent examiners
- Represent clients before the US Patent and Trademark Office, US Copyright Office, UK Patent Office, European Patent Office, in federal and state courts, and before regulatory and administrative agencies
- Experience in complex patent prosecution, including re-issues, re-examinations, interferences, oppositions, protests, and patent appeals
- Clients include public and private multinational corporations, hospitals, research centers, universities, early-stage companies, and individual inventors
Areas of Focus
- Energy and clean technology
- High technology
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
Rankings & Recognitions
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”: Practice top-tier ranked nationally for Biotechnology Law (2010 – 2012)
- Recognized for excellence by American College of Trial Lawyers, Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation, and Super Lawyers